Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Perfect for: Takeaway, Summer, Spicy
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally and place them flat between two sheets of baking paper. Using a meat tenderiser or rolling pin, tenderise and thin out each piece of chicken until it’s about 1 cm thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil, Portuguese Chicken spice blend, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss in the chicken and coat well, before setting aside to marinate.
- For the Peri Peri Style Mayonnaise, add all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Taste to check the heat level, adding more spice if necessary, then set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken to the pan in batches. Cook for about 4 mins per side or until slightly charred and cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, heat a grill to medium heat and toast the cut sides of the buns lightly. Once toasted, add a slice of cheese to each of the bun bottoms and grill until melted.
- To assemble, place cooked chicken on the bottom bun and top with tomato and lettuce. Spread a generous amount of Peri Peri Style Mayonnaise on the top halves of the buns and crown the burgers, then serve immediately and enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW?
Try multiplying the quantities in the mayonnaise recipe to keep in the refrigerator and use in other recipes.
To save on prep-time, instead of garlic cloves, try using MasterFoods™ Crushed Garlic.
Share your meals with MasterFoods™! #MFlavourClub