Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Perfect for: 4Spicy, Savoury, Smoky
- In a large heavy-based pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp, fat is rendered, and the oil turns a vibrant orange. Add chicken, turning often until browned for about 5 mins. Add onion, garlic and vegetables and cook, stirring often until fragrant and softened for about 8 mins.
- Lower the heat slightly and add the Cajun Spice Blend, stirring so everything is coated. Cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in rice until combined, then pour in the stock, stirring and scraping any browned bits on the bottom.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid and leave to simmer for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- When most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice and a little still remains, remove the lid and add the prawns, stirring in to gently cook through for about 5 mins. Season to taste, serve and enjoy with your favourite sides!
DID YOU KNOW?
Jambalaya is the culmination of years of historical influences from Native American cuisine, West Africa, France, Portugal, and Spain, all colliding in Louisiana.
When recipes call to ‘render’ the fat, such as here with chorizo, it’s referring to it being heated enough that any fat within begins to melt from its solid state and creates a flavourful oil to cook other ingredients in!
Share your meals with MasterFoods™! #MFlavourClub