Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes, plus resting time
Perfect for: Zingy, Smoky, Herby
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C / 200 °C fan-forced. In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic, spices, and herbs, stir until vibrant and combined, then set aside.
- Score each drumstick two to three times each with a sharp knife down to the bone. Place scored drumsticks in a bowl. Season with salt, then pour in the oil mixture and mix to coat the drumsticks well.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray with as much of the skin facing up as possible and tip over any remaining oil mixture. Arrange the red onion and lemon pieces in between the drumsticks, and roast uncovered for 20 mins. Then, take the tray out and shake it to help release ingredients from the bottom of the pan and then return to the oven.
- Change the oven to the grill setting and finish off under the grill for a further 15 mins, or until the chicken is beautifully crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside.
- Once cooked, squeeze the lemon wedges to release the juices into the pan sauce to infuse while the chicken rests for 10 mins. To serve, plate the chicken, drizzled with the sauce, and enjoy with your favourite salads or vegetables!
DID YOU KNOW?
Try this recipe with a whole chicken! It will take at least another 15 mins (or as a rule of thumb, cook until the juices run clear). If you love consistency and have an inexpensive probe thermometer, the thickest part of the chicken should read an internal temperature of 75 °C once cooked.
The infused oil mixture in this recipe can easily be scaled up for use in other recipes and stored in the fridge in a sealed sterilised container for up to 3 months.
Share your meals with MasterFoods™! #MFlavourClub