Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Perfect for: Rich, Comforting, Homely
- In a large heavy-based pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and beef mince, and leave them undisturbed for 2 mins to allow for a hard sear on one side of the meat, incredible for flavour development! Break up the mince with a wooden spoon as it continues to cook for another 8 mins. Once cooked through, empty the contents of the pan into a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and turn the heat down to low. Add the bacon, give a quick stir, and cook gently for 1 min. Add in the veggies and garlic powder and continue cooking for another 10 mins.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and coat the vegetables generously in the mixed herbs, oregano, and tomato paste. Once the sauce turns a dark brick-red colour and stains the oil, pour in the wine and cook gently, stirring constantly until the liquid is almost evaporated entirely.
- Put the cooked mince back into the pan and add the stock, bringing the pan to a gentle simmer for 30 mins allowing it to reduce to a rich, meaty sauce.
- Add the milk and cook for another 10 mins. Stir through the optional soy and fish sauces, if using. Season to taste and serve with your favourite pasta!
DID YOU KNOW?
Soy Sauce? Fish Sauce? We admit...they’re a bit of a wild card, but hear us out. By adding in a small amount at the end, the umami flavours of the soy and fish sauce reinforce and intensify the overall savouriness and “meatiness” in the dish, making the best bolognese!
Share your meals with MasterFoods™! #MFlavourClub