Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Perfect for: Rich, Hints of spice
- Preheat oven to 180 °C / 160 °C fan-forced, and roughly line a square 18-20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place a mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Combine dark chocolate, butter, and both sugars in the bowl over a low heat, stirring until melted and sugar is mostly dissolved, then set aside to cool slightly. It’s okay if some of the sugar hasn’t dissolved as this will create a slightly crispy top when baked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee, spices, and salt. In the bowl of melted chocolate, add the vanilla and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and use a spatula to combine until there are no more dry patches remaining. Pour the mixture into your prepared cake tin and bake for 30 mins, or until a knife comes out mostly clean with a few wet crumbs (as you leave it to cool, it will continue cooking).
- Set aside to cool, then lift out, sprinkle with flaky salt and enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW?
To store the brownies, wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container and can be frozen for up to 3 months. For best results, we recommend enjoying the next day (if you can wait that long!).
Coffee? In a brownie? Yes, you read that correctly! It’s role here is to enhance how “chocolatey” the flavour is, rather than to infuse a coffee taste. And yes, decaffeinated coffee is a perfectly suitable substitute.
Share your meals with MasterFoods™! #MFlavourClub